Monday, September 28

In Which the Author Laments Writer's Block Given a Plethora of Material

So that article I just threw up there was my first since the season started, and you know what? Even that was an effort. I can't explain why I have absolutely no impetus to write. It's weird. I don't get it at all. There should be all kinds of interesting angles and articles and little pieces, but ...really, this season's gone almost exactly like I expected it.

USC beat Ohio State.
All the new blood in the top 10 (Cal, Miami, Ole Miss) has already lost.
Oklahoma's early-season loss doesn't preclude them from contending - and even the team that beat them is already out of the title picture.
Nearly the entire SEC is exactly what I was thinking, with the exception of Auburn being a year or two ahead of schedule.
The ACC lost games against 1-AA competition.

I mean, what on earth is there to write about when you could've fallen into a coma, woken up on October 1st, and seen exactly what you thought you would see? Now we're reduced to hoping for completely wacky shit like Auburn running the table, Mike the Tiger eating UGA (please please please please I will pay for the lawsuit just make it happen), Colt McCoy flipping out against Oklahoma and beating the arm off Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow renouncing Christianity, or Tennessee actually having an offense through the air. Something interesting needs to happen.