Wednesday, February 15

On Deck

So what's up next? Team capsules. Pretty simply put, I plan on at least doing a cursory rundown of what every team looks like heading into Opening Day. (Yeah, hopefully I'll be done by then.) They'll be broken down - more or less - into 7 sections:

  1. Starting Pitching
  2. Closers / Middle Relief
  3. Catchers /Infielders
  4. Outfield
  5. Fantasy Baseball Impact
  6. Performance Prediction
Functionally speaking, the fantasy baseball impact is going to go after each section - at least that's how I've done it with the Braves and Phillies (which I've already finished - only 28 more teams to go). I'll post the expected order of writing ...uh, as soon as I find it. Oops, never mind, here we are.

  1. Atlanta Braves
  2. Philadelphia Phillies
  3. New York Mets
  4. Florida Marlins
  5. Washington Nationals
  6. St. Louis Cardinals
  7. Houston Astros
  8. Chicago Cubs
  9. Milwaukee Brewers
  10. Pittsburgh Pirates
  11. Cincinnati Reds
  12. San Francisco Giants
  13. Los Angeles Dodgers
  14. Colorado Rockies
  15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  16. San Diego Padres
  17. Seattle Mariners
  18. Texas Rangers
  19. Anaheim Angels
  20. Oakland A's (in progress)
  21. Cleveland Indians (finished, need to post)
  22. Chicago White Sox (finished, need to post)
  23. Detroit Tigers (finished, need to post)
  24. Minnesota Twins (finished, need to post)
  25. Kansas City Royals (finished, need to post)
  26. Boston Red Sox (finished, need to post)
  27. Tampa Bay Devil Rays (finished, need to post)
  28. New York Yankees (finished, need to post)
  29. Baltimore Orioles (finished, need to post)
  30. Toronto Blue Jays (finished, need to post)
There's no real reason behind this, other than I like the NL more than the AL. That and I remembered those teams first. It's more or less in a divisional format, too. Should be fairly easy to recognize (and I'll link back here as a general reference for the other capsules; this post will be edited often).

A couple of notes about this. First off, this isn't intended to be a professional-level capsule about each team. For one, I don't have the time, and secondly, I'm not getting paid for this anyway. I also don't have the type of resources they have. On top of that, it's not going to be as in-depth as fans of each respective team will do. There's a ton of blogs out there devoted to each team (I read a fair amount of them when I have the time) - I'll link to them as need be. What these capsules will hopefully provide is an opportunity to see quick hits on all the teams in one easy-to-find place. I'm going to see if I can find a way to leave this post at the top of the page so it'll be easy to link in and find things that way.